What’s the scoop on Okotoks? This charming town immediately south of Calgary has been stealing the hearts of locals and those new to Alberta for years. Sterling Homes has been proud to build in Okotoks for over 20 years and we’ve rounded up our favourite things about its newest communities!
3 Beautiful Communities
Okotoks has a remarkable way of complimenting every lifestyle. Whether it be enjoying the abundant green space, pathways and playgrounds in D’Arcy or watching your children ride their bikes around the pond in Wedderburn, both communities exhibit tremendous views of the mountains. Offering a small town feel, with a friendly greeting waiting for you on every corner but alsoestablished amenities including a recreation centre and grocery store a few steps away. Ranchers’ Rise on the East side of Okotoks, with quick access to the highway residents enjoy their own soccer pitch and one of Okotoks’ largest baseball diamonds overlooking the wetlands. These facilities will serve as a gathering point for Okotoks amateur sports teams, and families and friends from throughout Okotoks to play and have fun. This is your opportunity to experience an abundance of small town charm.
- At 280 acres, D’ARCY will encompass just over 2,000 homes, with around 6,500 people (and plenty of pets) calling it home.
- Lots in Phase 3b have been released
- D’Arcy Ranch Golf Club residents will have excellent access to the public golf club, which features dedicated paths leading directly to the entrance.
- D’Arcy includes 85 kilometers of paths and trails.
- Festivals and local events highlight the amazing small businesses in the area
Education: The new Meadow Ridge K-9 will ensure that from the day you move in, your kids can attend school close to home, close enough that kids can walk to and from school every day.
Restaurants & Entertainment: Enjoy the exciting restaurant and café scene in Okotoks —from Big Sky BBQ minutes away to Home Ground espresso bar, there’s something for every taste.
Recreation: You’ll find what you need with Okotoks’ 85 km of trails. When the weather forces you inside, head to the Okotoks Recreation Centre to swim, skate or work out in their gym facilities.
Amenities: A new, mixed use shopping center located at the intersection of Northridge Drive and D’Arcy Ranch Drive, just minutes down the street! The brand-new shopping center will host many exciting new and familiar retailers including a grocery store, drugstore, liquor store, restaurant, coffee shop and other businesses to service the daily needs of the residents of Okotoks and the surrounding area.
5 Reasons Why Residents Love Living in Ranchers’ Rise:
- This quiet community has a variety of with move up and semi-estate homes featuring double or triple garage homes
- Mature trees and ponds surround Ranchers’ Rise. Offering spectacular views of the Rocky Mountains, a host of outdoor recreational amenities and attractive single family home architecture
- Quick access to and from Calgary – a 12 minute drive to Calgary
- The Public Francophone Ecole serving pre-school to Grade 9
- The Beatrice Wyndham Park offers small birdwatching and aviation sightseeing